Monday, March 2, 2009

downhill.

It has been made clear to me that my blogging skills have been lacking this week! I have found myself with a to-do list that is never ending. I have also found guilt for blogging instead of being productive. I'm not exactly sure what to do about either of these problems, but I'm certain that God will guide me from now till May and every day that follows.

We are headed to Illinois this week, and I think the excitement is making it difficult to concentrate. It never fails that the week before spring break is the craziest week of the semester *I might beg to differ come finals week which is also conveniently our last week in the states..but for now we'll stick to this* It is a busy week in school, but also at home. We are addressing more invitations than we know what to do with, we are attempting to pack and get everything ready for Illinois, I have several volunteer duties this week, I have tests and papers all week, and Jery, aside from working crazy hours, is attending briefings on how to have a "smooth move"... I have begun to realize that we are in the downhill slope of these months. The last three months seem to have flown by and I have a feeling the next three will go even faster. Busy weeks and busier weekends between now and the day we board a plane.

We have made a decision that our dogs will not be joining us in May. The cost of bringing them to England before they have completed their quarantine time is unreal and frankly not worth it. They will be staying in Texas until sometime in July. I attempt to keep these thoughts farthest from my mind, but know that the day we leave will be harder knowing we won't see them for a couple months. Again.. God will get me through those days too!

I went to a couple doctors appointments on Friday to work on my medical clearance! As soon as the doctor faxes those papers we will be ready to go before the board! We also went to my sweet sweet baby cousin Noah's birthday party this weekend! Last year around this time we were all frantic. He did not have the easiest birth and spent several days follwoing his birth in the NICU! Today, however, he is a beautiful, healthy, ADORABLE one year old! As soon as we figure out how to get pictures off our new camera I will post some pictures from his party!

Now I must go and study statistics. I have an interesting blog coming for all your military folks.

No comments: