Tuesday, March 17, 2009

oklahoma.



I despise you.

Can you do that? Truly despise a state?! I don't know... but I think from now on I will opt to avoid Oklahoma. It is a dreadful state! I have several friends who are from Oklahoma and they promise me it is a wonderful place. I just can't agree.

The very first time I drove through Oklahoma it was AWFUL! We were in an RV and we eventually had to pull off the road and wait for the storm to pass. My uncle pulled off the road... he NEVER stops on a road trip.. and it was bad enough to make him stop. I honestly thought the RV was going to be blown over.

The second time I drove through Oklahoma again.. AWFUL! Jery and I were headed to Illinois... driving 30 MPH on the highway because we couldn't see two feet in front of us..

The last time I drove through Oklahoma.. we got sideswiped at 70 MPH! In a vehicle that should potentially be getting on a boat to sail away to England.. LOVELY. and the crazy highway patrol didn't even file a report.. I mean honestly! We didn't just call you out here because we wanted to meet you.

I refuse to drive through Oklahoma again. I think I may actually be in luck seeing as we are moving to England and will probably not drive from Texas to Illinois again.. or at least not for years.. and at that time flying will be my first option.

Like I said I have great friends from Oklahoma.. it is not necessarily the people.. although the gentleman who hit us was........an interesting person.

It's the state!

No comments: