Tuesday, March 10, 2009

monday in illinois.

We are having a wonderful...relaxing time in Illinois!

We had a party on Saturday night to celebrate our marriage! Someone had the bright idea that we should feed each other cake....oh goodness. We were both being nice and polite until Jery decided to smear BLUE icing all over my face...So I quickly scooped up some icing and rubbed it all over his face! Then proceeded to make him promise he wouldn't do this again at our wedding *I was fine with it in my jeans and shirt.. my wedding dress.... I doubt I'd be so thrilled* I am sad to say that the only pictures from this endeavor came our blurry..

The next morning I took Michael to the train station bound to Chicago. He went to visit his sister for a few days! Later in the day we drove to Iowa *I love how outside of Texas you can actually travel from state to state*.. The Mississippi River divides Illinois and Iowa, and every winter it is home to lots of bald eagles. Apparently they leave on "March 1st" so we were a few days late! We did get to see a couple though.. It is pretty incredible.

here is one of the eagles..

Today we took Chris out to Argyle State Park outside of Jery's home town.. It is beautiful. It is covered in pine trees.. I could sit out there and read a book all day smelling the pine enjoying the peace and quiet.

This is a "water hose" in Illinois.. look at all the pine trees in the background.
I <3>
We also went down to the "old bridge" out by his moms.. It's has been closed for some time now, but gives you a since of adventure when you walk across it..

If you look close you can see the water flooding...
Probably the best part of the trip thus far however has been a gift from mother nature. Something that is almost annoying to them here, but something we don't seen often in Texas..

*RAIN*

I can honestly say that it has been blissful to open the window and listen to the rain.. One might think it would be a damper on a spring break vaca.. but not in my eyes.. I was amazed at how long it has been since I've seen rain.. I wish I could just bottle it up and bring it home with me! The ground here is soaked.. even just walking around you can feel how saturated the ground is!

Samson and Harlii are doing great! They are enjoying the wide open spaces and behaving quite well! We let Samson outside and he runs all around but stays pretty close to the house.. aside from constantly getting muddy *from the glorious rain* he stays out of trouble! They are both awe struck by the cats, but the cats are so found of them.. but I am thankful they are being good!

here is the little man enjoying life in the street..

Kimmie wasn't too sure about them at first.. but she's coming around!

after a long day of running and playing... please notice that he covers three fourths of a queen size bed....

No comments: