Wednesday, March 18, 2009

samson.

Samson and Mona! She is full grown, he was about six months and practically the same size!!!


At my moms begging to be let in..


Samson is rather spoiled... he LOVES a clean bed and will lay in his crate forever when his bed is clean.. he'll lay in our bed when it's not.

Samson is our eight month old Great Dane. He's a fantastic dog. He is a first for us both, and we have fallen in love with the bread. He was a trooper on the drive to Illinois and had a blast while we were there! We could let him outside and he knew to stay in the yard! *AMAZING for a dog who lives in an apartment!*

Today I decided that I am going to begin training him to be a therapy dog! I am doing some volunteer work with the Pet therapy department of a local hospital! It is incredible! One of the ladies who works in the department told me that this type of therapy originated in England!!! I am super excited and hope that he will be able to be a therapy dog in England some day!! Most places require that the dog be at least a year old.. so we have a little while before he'll be able to, but I'm gonna start working with him! He has the perfect personality and temperament to do something like this, and it will be great socialization for him!!

I am taking Jery to their pet visitation on Sunday and praying that he agrees this is something we should do!

I am so amazed at the doors God is opening in our lives and I am excited about what He has planned for us in England!

No comments: