Monday, December 15, 2008

today.

Today is a new day, and today I choose to rejoice in the Lord.

I am very thankful for the people God puts in our lives. This weekend has been anything but easy. I won't go into detail, but things happened that I never imagined would. At the end of each day I have laid my head on my pillow and cried. Tears of sadness, tears of joy, tears of fear, and tears of certainty.

This is my life, and when I look back twenty years from now I want to do so with a smile on my face. I want to know that I took risks, that I followed my hearts, but most of all I want to know that I trusted in the Lord to guide my steps. His love is certain, His faithfulness surpasses all understanding, and His joy is contagious. I am thankful that this is my life. I am thankful to be where I am. I am also thankful to every one who has been apart of my life, to everyone who has guided me throughout my life. I am thankful for the man God has blessed me with. He has a love for me that I don't understand half the time. I pray that as I take this step in life I do so with those who support me, with the man I love, and with our Lord and Savior.

I know today is a good day. I know today is the day the Lord has made. And I will choose to rejoice in it.

3 comments:

Erin said...

good girl :)

Alyrose said...

it has been my experience that taking it one day at a time and trusting God with each and every "one day" is the best way to go. he is faithful. of all the people we choose to trust in our lives he is the best choice. kinda like the Narnia movies say about Aslin...he isn't always safe, but he is ALWAYS good. if we tried to live safe lives then we would miss out on the blessings that come with trusting God. Keep trusting!

the Momma Bird said...

hey sweetie! i hope you have had a better week!!! everything will work out :) but - i did want to let you know that i don't have a voice and am going to see the doctor tomorrow afternoon so i won't be at the christmas party :( i'm so sorry :( I even bought a gift card for it! anyway, enjoy, and keep in touch :)