Saturday, December 20, 2008

engaged!..and five stitches.

WE'RE ENGAGED!!! Jery popped the question last night after our late night drive to San Antonio! He kept begging me to take a nap after was passed Fredericksburg.. and eventually I gave in! I woke up and we were at my favorite placed in San Antonio *which is apparently sadly being taken over by development..:(* with our song playing.. He said all kinds of sweet things and then asked me to merry him!! My ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! The only downer to the entire ordeal was that my camera battery was dead and in the rush to get out of town we didn't bring the charger.. SO! As soon as I get a charger I will take some pictures and post them!!! I can not believe God has given me such an amazing man to spend the rest of my life with!! He loves me so unconditionally and is completely amazing!

ok ok.. on to the stitches.. The whole reason we are in San Antonio this early is because Jery had an MRI this morning on Lackland. We got to my mom's about 1:30 in the morning and had to get up about 6 to get ready and head to Lackland *so keep in mind we're exhausted*.. blahblahblah.. They called him back and the technician told me that I was more than welcome to come in the room, but I could also wait in the waiting room if I would rather.. For those of you who know me.. I totally should have said wait in the waiting room.. but silly me thought I would be there for morale support and everything would be fine.. LONG story short.. they went to pull this HUGE needle out of his wrist and apparently I was watching.. but not for long! I woke up on the grown with men all around me.. my legs being held in the air.. and someone pushing down on my head.. HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE! I honestly thought I was being tied up and taken off to be murdered.. it was the scariest moment of my life. About the time I began to figure out where I was the technician was kindly explaining to me why Jery had to leave.. Whenever I fell my glasses broke and became a very sharp piece of plastic that cut my head open.. So the technician *I am very thankful that God gave him a kind gentle man as a technician because he was the only reason I didn't panic* explained to me again that they were going to check my neck and make sure I didn't hurt my spinal cord.. and then they would put me on a gurney and take me to the ER.. blahblahblah.. FIVE stitches later they were walking me out of the ER and toward Jery.. When I finally saw him and hugged him I was crying.. I can only imagine what he was thinking while he had to lay perfectly still on an uncomfortable table for 45 minutes while they did his MRI and his fiance is in the ER and he doesn't know if I am conscious or what *he left before I had fully come around and they were talking CT scans and all kinds of scary stuff..*.. He said the entire time he prayed that I would be blessed with kind nurses and strength.. and that we would be able to find each other quickly *I left my cell phone in the car.. and hello.. we're at WILFORD HALL.. not the smallest place in the world*.. He is WONDERFUL! I had very sweet nurses and we were both finished at the same time and found each other in perfect timing.

SO - I got a new purse from the Bx... I spent the day a little dazed and confused, but when my amazing fiance.. and I am completely blessed that everything is ok! It is amazing how close the cut is to my eye and how easily it could have cut my eye and not my eyebrow!

GOD is good.. GOD is in control.. and GOD pays attention to the SMALLEST details.. I am so in love with Him!

2 comments:

Amber said...

oh my goodness gracious. you have a whirlwind of a life. im a little sad that i wont see this lovely cut for 2 more weeks. What purse did you get!!!??

Alyrose said...

goodness miss lady, i think you may need a keeper ;-)...sounds like you have a good one willing to volunteer for the job. congratulations!!