Friday, December 5, 2008

a few prizes.

*this is gonna be long - so get comfy*

WELL - last night I was at work and Jery texted me to tell me he had a few prizes for me. Something we do all the time.. we see something at a store that we know the other would like.. we buy it and it's a prize.
I got off work 45 minutes late because one of our kids hadn't left yet.. mean while he had been texting me the entire time frantic about when I would be home.. blahblahblah.. I get home and he runs to the door to meet me and stops me before I get to the living room.. He looks frazzled and nervous but I am not sure why.. we are both just smiling and I am clearly confused. So I walk in and on the table is a dozen roses, a card, and a puzzle...




*Silly me I think he's being sweet and bought a puzzle for us to build together*
he asks me what I think of when I see the puzzle.. let me give you a better look -



I think we would all agree that it looks like England. *sidenote - our very best friends moved to England in May of this year and I have told him since before they left that for graduation I wanted tickets to England.* and he proceeds to ask me what is in England and of course I say TANK AND MINDY.. getting super excited.. and screaming "WE'RE GOING TO SEE TANK AND MINDY".. and he puts his arms around me and says "I got orders".. three little words I NEVER saw coming. I open the card - it's a singing card and it is singing "CELEBRATE".. by now I am completely in tears.. not sure if I am suppose to be sad, happy, excited, terrified.. and he is confused because he doesn't know what I am going to say.. eventually I communicate to him that of course I'm going.. then it hits me.. I have two dogs.. so I begin crying all over again that I won't leave my dogs.. he tells me that he wouldn't leave them either and that he has already started calling people to figure out the process *we are talking military.. they have a "process" for everything* of how we quarantine them so they will be able to go. I am officially bawling now and begging to talk to Mindy. He calls Mindy and hands me the phone. So of course I cry again and talk to her for a while.
oh and did I mention - he had cooked dinner for us.. haha.. like I could eat anything.. but anyway-
There are so many amazing reasons to be in love with the idea of moving to England. I have dreamed about this ever since Tank got his orders, but never did I imagine it coming true. We have missed them so much and I have hated not being able to see their daughter grow up! PROBLEM SOLVED! I have plane tickets to England shortly after graduation.. I will get to see Tank and Mindy whenever I want.. and I no longer have to miss their precious little girl..
SO - he has to report in by the end of May.. I'll finish my last semester of undergrad and graduate may 9th/10th.. don't really remember the date.. somewhere in the mess of it all we will go to Cancun, get married, visit his family, and manage to pack and sort it all out! hahaha..
I am so excited! I know there will be days that I am overwhelmed and terrified to leave.. but the adventure the lies ahead is going to be remarkable. This is truly an answer to prayers and we are so blessed to be embarking on such an incredible time together. We need all the prayers we can get, and are thankful for everyone in our lives!
who knew what a few prizes would be.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I am so happy for yall yet at the same time sad. This is a feeling i think im going to have to get used to. I hope yall come over tonight!