Tuesday, February 17, 2009

a woman's role.

I am currently writing an opinion paper regarding a woman's role in ministry. There are two main contrasting views on this topic, and both use strong biblical references to "prove" their point.

We were asked to read a book titled "Two Views on Women in Ministry," and use it as our major source for our paper. After reading the different views I have come to my personal conclusion. However, I was very surprised to realize that the question is not whether or not women should be in ministry. The question is - should women LEAD men. Over the last thirty years it has become clear that women in ministry is necessary, but there is still no consensus on whether women should hold leadership positions over men.

So - I'm curious. What is your opinion? Obviously you may or may not have specific scripture to defend yourself *I didn't before reading this book*, but I wanna know what others think.

1 comment:

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I strongly believe that women should NOT lead men. Woman was created from man to be his companion - helpmate. Although I have never been in a relationship where it was possible, I believe that men should lead and care for the women.