Monday, February 2, 2009

annoyed.

This was going to be a happy and exciting post.. but somewhere between leaving base and writing this post I have become annoyed. My apartment complex is stupid and ridiculous.. I would take the things they say to me and responses they give me seriously if they could keep any one person employed for longer than a month. I am so ready to have a house of my own and not live in this annoying place any longer. *A side note to anyone in Abilene - do NOT choose to live in the Grove* and oh.. for some reason turning in my two weeks makes going to work even more difficult.. I feel so pointless on most nights and am currently annoyed that I have to go to work tonight.

I am attempting to put aside my annoyances and carry on with my day! I "officially" became a military wife today!.. I am boggled by the amount of paperwork that has to be completed and the 18 different offices that we had to go into.. but am very thankful to have gotten almost everything done in one afternoon!

However - there was one part of my day that I was seconds from sobbing. We went into the travel office to fill out some paperwork.. *sounds simple right*.. well one lady helps us and is informing us on details about our flight and about taking the dogs.. we walk to the other side of the room and another lady decides to casually announce that we won't be able to take Samson.. *most of you know this but i'm gonna add another side note here - Samson has quickly become my favorite and our "good" dog.. he's the sweetest thing in the world and parting with him brings tears to my eyes as I write this* Basically she gives us a whole bunch of confusing information that makes no since nor does it add up with the information we have gotten from the base vet in England. She is attempting to tell us that England is very strict about pets coming in *which hello - we've known that.. we have done all kinds of paper work and shots for them already* and that because of that American Airlines *which apparently is what we will be flying* won't fly them. And on top of that.. they have a 150 weight limit that they *so she says* WILL NOT budge on. The problem here is that this does not add up with anything anyone else has told us. I would think that somewhere between emailing the vet in England, having several phone calls with the vet on Dyess, and a visit with the vet on Dyess.. SOMEONE would have said something to us about taking Samson *clearly A GREAT DANE*. Our other concern is that he might come under the 150 weight limit when we leave.. but there is a HUGE possibility that he will be much heavier than that when we come home..

Ok I am rambling on and on in circles.. I'm going to walk my great dane and pray that we can find a way to take him with us.

No comments: