Thursday, January 29, 2009

my last day as a "single".

Lets see.. life is insane.

We are going to the courthouse tomorrow to have our civil ceremony. Clearly we don't feel as though one ceremony is enough.. we want one of each kind, thank you. *haha.. not really.. we're going early so we can get all my paperwork done and not stress in April* My family is coming into town! Jery has weekend duty and I work on Saturday.. haha should be fun for them.. :[

Last night we had another Great Dane play date.. boy do I feel for the people who live under us.. goodness Romona and Samson had a BLAST! We took them outside and threw the ball with them.. it was so FUNNY!!!!!! There were still a few ice patches and they both bit the dust several times!! but they LOVED being able to run together! but I would like to note that our SIX month old is 2-3 inches shorter than a 3 YEAR old dane.. he's gonna be HUGE!!!!

Today one of my classes went to Rose Park Senior Activity Center. It was inspiring. I think after today I might be able to come to terms with getting old.. and anytime I don't want to get old.. I'll just remember how I felt when I left there. The seniors there were probably some of the happiest people I've met in a long time. Happy to be taking a bunch of medicine, happy to be slower than they used to, happy to have a place to come and.. LINE DANCE!!!! Yes.. they were line dancing when we got there.. it was AMAZING! I now want to teach a computer class there.. and I think I will.. because I QUIT my job!!!!!! *this blog is FULL of new information!*

I will no longer be working at Sylvan.. I turned in my two weeks on Monday! It has been an on going process that has required much thinking and ultimately a big decision on my part. I work from 5-7:30 Monday through Thursday and Saturday mornings from 9-1. The hours were awful! It gave Jery and I very little time together in the evenings.. I felt like I had to plan my days around work.. and it was only TWO AND HALF hours of my day. We looked at our finances *which officially become OUR finances TOMORROW.. YIKES!* and decided that it wasn't worth the money I was making. It will be SO nice to eat dinner at 6/7 again.. It will be so wonderful to welcome him home every day.. and to do as we please every evening!

The most annoying part of this day is the test I have to take at 1. I took a class in January *I blogged about the amazingness of this class*.. but apparently this is how January short courses work.. you take five days to sit in class and then the rest of the semester you are pestered by the duties of this class.. it would have been much much easier to have just taken the class this semester.. ANYWAY - we have to take a test over a 400+ book that we were suppose to read and comprehend in about two weeks *which btw - are also the first two weeks of the semester.. haha.. who has time for this!!!!*.. I read less than half the book and am going to take the test at 1. AWFUL idea. I did fill out the study guide but I don't think it's going to help much.. I'm very disappointed in myself and will admit that I have NEVER been this unprepared for a test.. and will probably watch my GPA drop because of this. I'm trying to stay focused on the amazing time we had during the class and not let these other duties ruin it all.

Later I will go to work..and then dinner with Amber and Blythe!!

No comments: