Monday, January 12, 2009

busy.

Last week I took the most amazing course I've taken at ACU. I am aware that it wasn't the class that was so amazing, but rather God speaking through the class. I have been so challenged to stand in the Lord's presence and allow him to dwell in every part of my life.

The first day of the class we had to make "name plates".. we wrote our name on one side so everyone could learn our name, but on the other side we wrote two...*I don't remember what she called them...* qualities, fruits of the Spirit, characteristics.. *take your pick* that we wanted to work on during this class and throughout the semester. I decided on peace and joy. The great thing about the way she designed these name plates was that the entire week I read peace and joy constantly! It was the perfect way to get it implanted into my mind and confident that the Lord's peace and joy will shine through me. I picked those two for several reasons, and picking just two wasn't easy! I have plenty of areas of my life I want to spend six months focusing on and making more Christ-like.. but we could only pick two! I realize that sitting in here in January it is easy to talk about getting married, graduating, and moving to England.. but come April it's all gonna become a reality. *I don't want ANYONE getting the idea that I am not completely excited to be marrying the love of my life, or GRADUATING from college!, or moving to England... but lets get real folks.. that's alot in a matter of two months and there is about a billion reasons and ways I could get stressed and overwhelmed* I also realize now that those becoming a reality will bring with them opportunities to get stressed and freak out.. SO I picked PEACE because I want to always remember that God's peace is within me.. that He is aware of every detail and in control of every situation.. I picked JOY because this is such an amazing time of my life and an incredible opportunities for Jery and I to spend our first "three" years of marriage in England.. I don't want the stress of it all to take away the joy that exist in every day life. I want to have a permanent image of my name plate saying peace and joy in my mind.

Ok.. fast forward. The entire week was life changing. It opened my eyes to a new way of thinking and encouraged me to think of myself and not let my existing knowledge keep me from new ideas. It made me realize how much I need to be in scripture and learning His word for myself. It reminded me that I decided on ACU for a reason and that being here is fabulous. I discovered that it is ok to be me. We took a personality profile test and I was so blessed. It's difficult to explain it to people who haven't taken the test.. but lets just say that I can be content with who I am now!! GOD created me! I could probably go on forever, but I'll continue on with the weekend.

My friend Jason left for Iraq Saturday morning at 3 am. Such a reality check moment. Friday we went to dinner with him and said our good-byes.. :( Then Jery and I went over to Amber and Josiah's! But we were bums and went home early to let Samson out and so I could get to bed. I had to work Saturday and then we went to San Antonio! The Monster Jam was in San Antonio and Jery wanted to go! It's funny how much more we've done since finding out about England.. I guess we both feel like we've got to do everything we can because we won't have these same opportunities come May. We spent the night at my mom's and went to the show on Sunday! About 6:30 pm we headed back to Abilene!! haha..ridiculous! And this morning I started my FINAL semester of my undergraduate work!!!!!!!!!!

There are a bunch of other stories I want to write about but this is out of control! We leave for CANCUN on Thursday morning! and Monday we are off to check out of site for the wedding.. I will attempt to write again before we leave.. but if not have a wonderful weekend!! We'll be thinking about you all from MEXICO!!!! :]]]]]]]]

No comments: