Tuesday, December 1, 2009

what happened.

What happened to November? - Better yet - what happened to 2009? I mean really, it's December already?!? I can't believe it!

A year ago today we had no idea about England. We had a 5 month old Great Dane and Jery had just re-enlisted and bought his dream truck. This Friday will be exactly one year from this - a few prizes. Oh the things that can happen in a year!

It's been a year of amazing blessing, breathtaking experiences, and dreams come true. Although it hasn't been without difficult times I am in awe of God's goodness.

So here's to November - because it was an incredible month!:

On the spur of a moment {and boy do I mean spur} Jery and I decided to take a trip here. And yes - it is as breathtaking as it looks. It is an Army Lodge and Resort - any of our military friends out there we HIGHLY recommend it if you're gonna be in Germany - or need a reason to go to Germany!

Here we are sitting in the subway station! Our first time to mainland Europe!!!!!


Classic picture opportunity with the sign..



The lodge's lobby - beautiful. perfect. amazing. pictures don't do it justice.


This is what we woke up to every morning. AAMAZZZING!!


My cute husband and I our first morning in Germany- getting ready to go see the castle! It was snowing!!!


Our first stop along the way - a German wood shop.


Our second stop was this church. Which has an incredible story behind it and was beyond beautiful. It's called Wieskirche.


From the road..


Just a glimpse inside..


And our final stop. Neuschwanstein Castle. For those of you who don't recognize the name of this castle, maybe the pictures will help. It's a castle we all know and love.


Neuschwanstein was built by King Ludwig who has a very unique story, his family's castle was Hohenschwangau. You can see them both from this little German town.


This is for my brother. This is said "Yager House" and my brother's friends call him yager.


Our friends - Sharron and Chris - with Neuschwanstein in the background. King Ludwig couldn't have chosen a more beautiful location.


Between the tops of the mountain on which the castle was built Ludwig's father built his mother this bridge as a present. A pretty incredible present if you ask me.


Jery and Chris made it out first.


Sharron and I standing in the middle of the bridge.


Looking at the castle from the bridge.


Looking over the side of the bridge.


Jery and I with the castle in the back ground.


We stopped for a group photo while we walked down to the castle..


The front of the castle.


Here we are standing just inside the castle's gate.. in the far background you can see the bridge. Breathtaking.


Our second full day in Germany we spent exploring Garmish. This is one of the number one tourist attractions available - besides skiing of course! This is the ski jump arena for the 1936 Winter Olympics. One of my favorite things about it is that it is still being used today! A pretty neat thing to see.


One of the highlights everyone told us about this arena was that Hitler attended the events that took place here. Not that I am a fan of Hitler, but to stand where he stood was pretty spectacular. Here I am wondering which seat was his.


Once we left the arena we set out to see this gorge that we were told about. We were informed it was just a bit up the road from the arena... it was much longer than a bit, but worth the hike!! Here we are standing at the edge of the gorge wondering how we convinced ourselves to walk this far!


And here is my handsome husband inside the gorge. I think it was ready for me to stop taking pictures at this point.


After our long day of walking we decided we needing some drinks with our dinner..


The boys thought they needed some too..


The next day we decided to venture to the top of the highest mountain in Germany. We took a train up most of the way then jumped on a cable car to take us the rest of the way. Here's Jery and I on the train. Please take note of what you see out the window.


And Sharron and I in the cable car.


The view was pretty cloudy, but incredible. Jery and I with the Zugspitze sign!


Jery and Chris took pictures of each other on the top!


We took a cable car and down and walked back towards the hotel, but stopped to take this amazing picture!


And here's the side of the lodge with the mountains in the back ground.


That pretty much captures everything we did during our five days in Germany. For those of you who didn't recognize the castle.. does this help!?


Walt Disney choose King Ludwig's castle to model his castle after. Here's another look..


While this was a huge part of our month, we also celebrated Thanksgiving. Our first Thanksgiving in England!! We had our friends Sharron and Chris, Quiana and Craig, and four of the guys from Jery's shop over to our house! My amazing husband deep fried some turkeys for us while the girls took care of all the sides. We ate turkey dinner a total of four times before all the food was eaten. It was a great time of fellowship with friends!

This year I am thankful for the goodness of our God - without it we would be nowhere. I am thankful to have an incredible family that supports me in all I do. I am beyond thankful to be married to such an incredible man who loves me no matter what. I am thankful to have the opportunity to live in England and experience all there is here. I am also thankful for the friendships we have in our lives - for those we've known for years, and for the new friendships we've made since we moved.

These are just a few pictures of our Thanksgiving Day.

Sharron and I busy making some potatoes!

Will carving the turkey!


Harlii waiting for someone to drop something!

Samson was very tried.. be the center of attention is hard work ya know.

Sharron and Quiana!

Jery and I about to break this wishbone.. too bad he won!

Here's the second turkey.. boy they were yummy!!

And now it's December...

No comments: