Saturday, December 19, 2009

just a little snow.

Thursday night as I was at working helping the kids pull off their "Cookies and Cocoa" service project it started to snow. Of course working with 9-12 year olds there was plenty of screaming and running towards the windows to watch it snow. There's something about snow that makes kids act as though they've never seen it before. I wish I could live my life through their eyes sometimes. All I could think about was the ice that was going to be covering the roads that lead to our little bungalow. But at some point I did leave, and I drove very slowly, but safely, home.

Friday morning we woke to a snow covered ground. SNOW. In our front yard!!!! Being from Texas this is a first for me. For Jery it's no biggie. He'll even drive to the BX in it.

This is the kind of snow I like. Snow where I have no where to go. I can bundle up in as many layers as I possibly can, and head outside with our pups. Samson LOVES the snow. As we figured he would - he LOVED the sand volleyball court in Abilene. He would run and frolic all day if we would allow him to. Harlii sticks her nose out the back door and makes a run for the bedroom. But can you blame her - her 12 pound body can't possibly keep her too warm! Jery had a test schedule this morning, but they cancelled it and sent him home. We had a wonderful time enjoying our first snow in England.

It could be a white Christmas for the Huddleston's!

our precious snow covered bungalow.


down the road..


i LOVE the way the snow rests in the trees..


they are the bestest.


he's trying to figure out whether he could make it to the neighbors without getting caught.


I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. We miss everyone back home, but are blessed to be where we are.

1 comment:

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

What happened to your blow up Christmas stuff?