Tuesday, April 14, 2009

staying busy.

Not that we have much of a choice, but this is my goal for the next month or so.

I have found that it is the quiet moments that make my heart heavy. The silence of driving a car with the radio off, the rare occasion when I'm the only one home, or sitting at the park with the dogs.. It is in these moments that reality has a chance to meet me face to face.. and it's not always so joyous. There is a large possibility that we have made our last trip to San Antonio, a large possibility that the goodbyes I said to many of my family members will be long goodbyes, and a reality of us boarding a plane in less than a month.

At the very beginning of this semester I made a decision to remain at a joyous peace with everything that happens. I will admit there are times when there isn't much joy and other times when there hasn't been much peace, but overall I have kept my head up and found the joy and peace in every situation.

My mind could not be more excited to be beginning our lives together in such an amazing part of the world, but my heart is heavy when we say goodbye. When I think about leaving my dogs, and possibly not seeing them for several months, when I watch my husband say goodbye to his family knowing full well it will be a while before he sees them again, when we drive away from the city I grew up in not knowing when we'll be back... my heart is heavy.

My heart is however completely and madly in love with the man who stands beside me. To laugh with him, cry with him, dream with him is worth every tear I have and will cry. My heart is full of pride for the line of work he has chosen, and knows that home is where the Air Force sends us.

We have an amazing life ahead of us, and I am beyond blessed by the man God has placed in my life.

And I will stay busy until I feel at home again.

4 comments:

the Momma Bird said...

oh my gosh. camii - you looked absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! i can't wait to see more pictures of your wedding day :) know that i'll be praying for you and this new adventure. it will be hard, this i know, but you will handle it well :) let me know if there is anything i can help with!!!

Erin said...

gorgeous picture-love it!!!!!!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Love the picture! Can't wait to see the rest. I've been checking the web site about every hour at work for the past two days. Love you guys!

Johanna said...

what a princess!