Wednesday, April 29, 2009

big steps.

Today was a day of accomplishing things. Sadly - it was not a day of accomplishing school things, but that will be completed..very soon.

The first big step of the day - WE GOT ORDERS. In hand, hard copies, proof that it is happening, evidence that we have been waiting on to continue! GLORY!! God is so good!!! *I think I might be more excited about this than Jery!!*

We spent the rest of the afternoon on base checking things off this lengthy check list you're are given when you are PCSing *Permanent Change of Station* I was very thankful that my sweet husband decided to let me join him through all of this. Until now he has been a big fan of doing it himself, and has forced me to let him take care of things. While this has been great for me, he is not so good at relaying information. So I was thankful to be there in person and ask the questions I wanted answered!!!

Now that we have our orders we can - process paperwork for my visa, schedule dates for packing and shipping, get things together to take the vehicle to Dallas *first we have to decided on a vehicle though*, schedule a departure date, and finishing checking things off the list!!! It is an amazing weight off both of our shoulders, and we are super excited to get this show on the road!!

As of right now his report no later than date was not approved for the changed we requested. *We were hoping to move it to the 15 or 30 of June, but it is staying the 31 of May* So things are going to move quickly and we plan to leave the third week of May. We will not be getting there as early as we would have liked, but are hoping that this allows us to get our dogs there shortly after us.

It is so exciting that things are starting to happen! I cannot wait to be finished with school and get everything wrapped up!! We will more than likely be in San Antonio for several days before we leave - so to those of you there, I look forward to seeing you before we head out!!!

We love you all and are so blessed to have you in our lives!

No comments: