Wednesday, June 24, 2009

why?

Why do I stink at blogging over here? We are busy, but not that busy.

Here is a quick update and from now on I will do better!

The Saturday before last we all went down to Cambridge do to some sight seeing!! Our first sight seeing adventure! It was absolutely incredible.. I honestly couldn't believe that I was standing in front of such amazing buildings with such history! *I will give this trip it's own blog*

All last week Jery was attending a class to help him get familiar with this new plane. I completely enjoyed having him home for lunch every day and home by 3 in the afternoons! And I think he was able to gain a lot of helpful information out of it!

Last Friday we signed the lease to our house!!!! We have keys!!!! And they brought us our small shipment! We were allotted 850 pounds, our shipment was 848 pounds! We packed pots and pans, dishes, sheets and blankets, bathroom essentials, and all our clothes! I was really excited that they were bringing us some of our stuff, but it was somewhat disappointing. More like a tease.

Monday Jery went back to work while I stayed home and waited for them to deliver some loaner furniture - A bed, a couch, some dressers, and a table! Along with some permanent loaner things - a microwave, a washer, and a dryer! Again I was really excited, but left feeling helpless. I am incredibly anxious to make our house a home, and decorate it with all the amazing things we got for our wedding.. getting these small additions aren't giving me much to work with! We still have a very empty house - and have yet to actually move out of our friends house and into ours. BUT we do have a home and it is a nice little "bungalow" that will one day be a nice little home!! We are so blessed!!

Tuesday was Jery's birthday and his first 12 hour sift.. what a great combo right!? He left for work about 6:30 in the morning and was home just before 9 pm. *just because they say it is 12s, does not in any way, shape, or form, mean 12 hours* But I made him tater-tot casserole, mac and cheese, and a carrot cake *his exact request - random and unbalanced I am aware* When he got home we had dinner, followed by presents, then he blew out his candles and we all had some cake! It was a very quick birthday celebration, but a birthday celebration nonetheless. Shortly after it was time for bed, because today is another 12 hour shift for him.

Time has flown by and this Saturday we will have been here an entire month!! We have been blessed to have our friends here, and look forward to the next couple of months!

No comments: