Wednesday, June 3, 2009

our new life.

Last night we were driving home from our friends house and I look up as we entered the village and thought to myself, wow this is home.

I quickly snapped out of it and we spent the rest of the trip home talking about how this place will become home, but it will never be our home. My home will forever be my mom's house in San Antonio. I can not wait to be back home, but for now I will work to make this foreign country home.

We have been incredibly blessed to have amazing weather since we got here! Everyone tells us not to get used to it.. but for now I'll take what I can get! Jery and I are overwhelmed by the beautiful country we now call home. The roads leading to the house are lined with tall trees that touch at the tops.. it's like driving through a tunnel of perfectly green trees! It is breathtaking.. and we get to travel it every day!!

Jery has become a pro at driving! I, on the other hand, am simply not a fan. The roads we take out to the house are more like one and a half lane.. very similar to the roads out by Jery's mom's house. And NOTHING like the city roads I am used to. But I am facing my fears and do drive on them! Driving on the wrong side of the road is not near as challenging as driving down these country roads and meeting a huge 18 wheeler with no where to go. We have learned that we live about 15 minutes from the biggest horse racing town in England, and therefore have lots of race horses around us *they even get their own street sign to warn us that they get the right of way on the roads*! It is great to drive around and see these amazing horses, not so amazing run into their MASSIVE trailers driving down the road. Which I might note that the trailer we ran into today, was a Mercedes and looked more like a tour bus than a horse trailer. But when you aren't running into huge trucks, the roads are beautiful!

We have not done a whole lot of traveling around just yet, but are hoping to go to Cambridge this weekend!

Jery is still working through his in-processing check lists, and is still not sure which squadron he will be working in. The paperwork is at headquarters, and we pray they will know something soon!

It is unbelievable that we are renting our first house in ENGLAND. We are very excited to see what these next few years hold! Thanks for being apart of our lives and supporting us in our journey.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Camii I am so excited for you guys!! But I am severely disppointed that I have YET to see PICTURES!! HELLO!!!!!

Alyrose said...

camz idk if it's just me or what but i can't see your font until i highlight it...but on a different note, i'm glad you are beginning to feel more comfortable, even though we all know, once a Texas girl ALWAYS a Texas girl!