Wednesday, October 7, 2009

traveling huddlestons.

hi friends! I hope that you are all doing well! We are wonderful! Fall is here, and I couldn't be more thrilled to actually live somewhere with four seasons! It's beautiful! Jery completed his FTD course last month, which helped him become more familiar with the plane he's working on! And I am applying for a new job! I really do enjoy my job, but it has nothing to do with my career field. So when word got to me that they were hiring at the school, I jumped on it! I won't know until sometime next month, but I am looking forward to hearing back from them! Now for the pictures.. because lets be honest - that's the fun part anyway!

Our squadron held their annual spouse's day and took us up on one of the planes!

Here's our chalk getting ready to go!

We were flying over water so we had to wear life vests and on top of that it was flippin cold! So here we are all bundled up and strapped in!

I mentioned before that I had seen the Dover Cliffs twice, this was my second time! They opened up the back hatch of the plane and let us crawl out to the edge and hang our feet off as we flew over the cliffs and the channel at 10,000 feet!

It was such an awesome experience!!

Mid September our friend had her baby boy and this little girl became a big sister! We got to watch her for the two days her mom was in the hospital.. and had way to much fun spoiling her!!

And here's the precious baby brother!

We embarked on our first overnight adventure to see the city of Bath and Stonehenge! Here's the Roman Baths - where thousands of years ago the Romans took their baths..

My sweet husband standing above the main bath.

Directly behind the Roman Baths was the Bath Abbey.. another beautiful cathedral!

The Romans discovered a natural hot spring and used it to create this incredible bath house.. this is the hot spring - still today you can see the water bubbling to the surface.

Jery and A standing in front of the Romans' drain.. incredible engineering given the time it was built in..

Here's A and I on the Bath level..

And us standing in front of the main bath..

We left bath and headed back to the hotel.. and stopped at this little pub to eat dinner! Jery and I's first pub experience! And it was so yummy!!

Here's Miss A at Stonehenge talking on her "phone".. they gave us all audio devices to listen to as we walked around.

Here I am standing in front of the stones.. completely incredible! This was also where I learned I need to invest in a winter coat!!!!

Here we are standing in front of the stones..

Stonehenge.. in all it's glory!

Jery and Tank in front of Stonehenge..

Here we are with all of Stonehenge in the background!

The girls (and baby A) in front of Stonehenge.. I stole Jery's coat I was so cold!


We are beyond blessed to be living in such an incredible part of the world. There are endless possibilities, and we look forward to our next sightseeing adventure!

No comments: